What is a corrosion protection film?
Corrosion protection film is a thin and flexible coating that can be applied to corrosive metal, plastic or rubber surfaces to safeguard them from corrosion. The film is carefully placed on the corrosive surface and then subjected to heat. This heating process causes the film to expand and adhere closely to the surface, forming a thin and uniform layer without any air pockets. Its flexibility enables easy rolling or cutting to achieve the desired size. To provide an added layer of protection, the polyvinyl chloride, polyethylene, or polypropylene film is often coated with a durable plastic material.
Benefits of using a corrosion protection film
Manufacturers of industrial products have increasingly used corrosion protection films as a preventive measure against corrosion. When applied to these products, these films reduce the need for costly maintenance in the future and prolonging the service life of the products and parts.
Types of corrosion protection film
There are various types of corrosion protection films available today including polyethylene films. They possess unique properties that make them suitable as corrosion protection films. Some of which are strength, flexible, cost-effectiveness, and highly water-resistance. These films can be applied and removed automatically.
Daubert Europe offers a comprehensive selection of corrosion protection film products. These formulations are specifically designed to be robust and tear-resistant, making them ideal for securing large and roughly handled packages. For more detailed information on Daubert Europe’s corrosion protection films, please refer to their dedicated resource.
Daubert Europe’s VCI Corrosion Protection Films and Plastics
- Clear Pak® BIO – bio-based, nitrite-free, amine-free VCI.
- Premium Metal-Guard – multi-metal protection.
- Premium Metal-Guard VCI Masking Film
- Ferro-Film – premium protection for ferrous metals, including steel and cast iron.
- VCI Stretch Film – Premium Metal-Guard stretch film.
- Silver-Guard – protects silver pieces and components from tarnish.
- X-O Wrap Shrink Film – Wide Width, UV Stable, Shrink Film.
- Metal-Guard® FF – Foil Barrier Film and Bags
- Nox-Rust® Poly Wrap – An all-poly VCI fabric, super tough, for wrapping steel coils.